Based just north of Boston, The Toyary is a membership-based, sustainability-driven toy library lending platform available to parents and caregivers. We offer a safe, local, and affordable alternative to advancing children’s development through toy-based play—and we continue to take Covid-19 precautions as we roll out.
Drowning in Too Many Toys?
Toy clutter have you down? Tripping on too many toys lately? Running out of storage solutions?
Let us commit to toys so that you can commit to your sanity! Members can loan up to 3 toys at a time (or more)—you choose or let us do it.
Dealing with Kid Toy Fatigue?
Kids bored with their toys or aging out of them? They should be! The average attention span of a child is 3-5 minutes per year of age.
Our collection grows with your kids, from 6 months to 6+ years, and we’re constantly evolving it.
Shopping More Consciously?
Like fast fashion, many toys are designed to be trendy, then to be disposed. The ones that are not designed this way are far less affordable.
Our model broadens access to a rotation of high quality toys that can be harder to afford (and store).
The Toyary is on a mission to drive access to learning-based and inclusive toys and play experiences, while minimizing the waste and space constraints associated with traditional toy consumption. Membership fees fuel our operations and support our growing and evolving toy collection. Before you consider joining or gifting our membership, do check out our collection here!
Membership fees support the operational costs required to make The Toyary possible. Memberships include free delivery within current delivery zones and pickup locations in Medford and Kendall Square are also available. If you cannot afford a membership or if you know someone who could use a sponsored membership, please contact us directly to learn more about our Scholarship Memberships.
(Equal to: $20/month)
- Full year membership offers greatest savings of 20%
(Equal to: $300/year)
- Rolling monthly access with option to cancel any time
GET & GIVE MEMBER
(Equal to: $480/year)
- Become a member and sponsor another family
In addition to our standard memberships, we provide the following options for families and organizations who may have different needs. Please reach out directly to discuss any of these opportunities.
- Want to join but concerned about the fee? We offer Scholarship Memberships to those who submit a scholarship application and qualify.
- Seeking to gift a membership? Our memberships make great surprise gifts for special occasions or anytime to show someone you care!
- Have a special occasion to take advantage of? If you’re looking for a creative, Covid-safe way to celebrate a birthday or special occasion, we can work with you to arrange a larger, more curated or themed “party pack” of items from our library for you to enjoy at home.
- Are you interested in joining on behalf of your organization? Our Business Memberships are available to non-profits, schools, daycares and other community-focused organizations for whom our library can serve a valuable need.
How we’re different
The best way to describe how we’re different is probably to explain what we’re not. Though it might help to say that we offer a carefully vetted, curated and rotating selection of toys for your family to use, on your terms.
NOT a third party marketplace: The Toyary is different from Facebook Marketplace, eBay, and Craigslist, among similar platforms in that we aim to take the “work” of toy hunting, deal seeking, item listing and relentless tracking out of our members busy hands.
NOT a local “buy nothing” or “parent” group: We differ from these groups in that we’re focused on doing one thing incredibly well—building and evolving the best possible collection of learning-based, inclusive and diversity-promoting toys and play experiences for our members. As a member, your feedback and your own wishlist toy items also help guide us!
NOT an online retailer: Any similarities between The Toyary and an online retailer end with the fact that we both operate online. The Toyary is a highly local and community oriented platform. In keeping with our mission to minimize substantial levels of waste associated with toy consumption, we orient our toy collection toward new and gently used toys in excellent condition that fit our strict criteria for development.
NOT a toy distribution foundation: In addition to driving greater access to high quality learning-based and inclusive toys, a key component of The Toyary’s mission is also to minimize toy waste and clutter. Through our more lending-oriented format, we hope to encourage future generations to experience the value of sharing and living more sustainability. Along these lines, we proudly feature local toy makers and play opportunities.
As a Member, YOU Help Shape Our Toy Library, Too!
The toy library is growing constantly and that’s part of the fun of being a member! As we shape and evolve our offer, your feedback is vital. Members that make the most of their toy library experience with us aren’t shy about reaching out and keeping in touch. Please let us know:
- How are our toys treating you?
- What toys are you looking for that we don’t yet have?
- How are our returns/pick-ups working for you?
- What other options would you like to access the toy library?
- In what additional ways would you like to engage with us?
Please reach us in the way(s) most convenient to you, and we look forward to keeping in touch!