Interested in joining The Toyary or gifting a membership? We’d love to welcome you or a family you love! Before you join or gift though, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Deliveries: Similar to a farm share, deliveries generally follow a set calendar on a biweekly (every other week) schedule. Particularly large bulk items may require delivery outside of this schedule. When items are delivered, any items due to return are picked up at the same time. All members receive reminders ahead of deliveries/pickups, and folks are welcome to reserve most items for as long as they like.
- Delivery zones: We currently deliver to Boston (specifically Fenway, South End, Dorchester, Roslindale and Jamaica Plain); Cambridge & Somerville; and the North Shore towns of Melrose, Wakefield, Stoneham, Malden and Medford/East Arlington. If you fall outside of these zones and prefer delivery, please contact us to discuss next steps.
- Pick-ups: All members have the option to pick-up and swap items during select open hours at our Malden warehouse and showroom and/or in Medford, MA, at Trove Green Provisions. These are great options if you fall outside of our current delivery zones or if you’d like to swap items more frequently than our biweekly delivery schedule allows!
Please review the membership details and fees below, then click one of the following options to get started. Thank you for supporting our business and cause.
We’re thrilled to welcome you to The Toyary! By clicking above, you’ll head straight to our member portal to sign up for your preferred membership and to begin borrowing.
Gifting a Toyary membership helps a family save money, the environment, sanity and space while enjoying access to hundreds of toys for little ones <6 months to 6+ years!
Membership fees support the operational costs required to make The Toyary possible. Memberships include free delivery within the areas identified above (beyond these, a delivery fee may apply). If you cannot afford a membership or if you know someone who could use a sponsored membership, please contact us directly to learn more about our Scholarship Memberships. Note, the membership fees listed below exclude sales tax.
In addition to our standard memberships, we provide the following options for families and organizations who may have different needs. Please reach out directly to discuss any of these opportunities.
- Want to join but concerned about the fee? We offer Scholarship Memberships to those who submit a scholarship application and qualify.
- Have a special occasion to take advantage of? If you’re looking for a creative way to celebrate a birthday or special occasion, we can work with you to arrange a larger, more curated or themed “party pack” of items from our collection for you to enjoy at home. Members also receive 10% off rental of our space for festivities, with all the toys you need!
- Are you interested in joining on behalf of your organization? Our Business Memberships are available to non-profits, schools, daycares and other community-focused organizations for whom our library can serve a valuable need.